Second Sunday, Fourth Sunday, from 06/18/2017 to 08/27/2017, 9:55 AM - 10:55 AM
This summer we have an all church brunch on the second and fourth Sunday of each month starting at 10 am in the Commons. Brunches are a free-will donation event and funds raised will go towards various projects and events.
- Sunday, June 25th Jamie & Marie from DSAOC provided our church family with valuable information regarding their services and ways we can volunteer. The free will offering ($336) was given to DSAOC to help with a project of their choice.
- On July 9th, sixty people gathered in the Commons between services to enjoy breakfast burritos and to hear church member, Amber Gambill share her son, Brecken’s story. Brecken, age 5, was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome, a rare developmental disorder, at six months of age. Amber and her husband, Bryan found themselves on an unchartered path to learn as much as they could about Williams Syndrome which culminated June 25th with the first state of Iowa Walk for Williams Syndrome. Amber found herself in the media eye locally and statewide through God orchestrated connections. Their family has been humbled by the attention and opportunities to bring this disorder new awareness. Nearly 200 people gathered for the walk at Kennedy Brown Park raising $10,000. The WSA funds ground breaking research, hosts camps and conventions, provides scholarships and assistance and coordinates specialized programming. The free will brunch offering added $300 more. Amber said it best, ” when you are faced with challenges like this you learn quickly who the people are in your village that support and encourage you”. They are so grateful for the FPC and KidZone families that make up their village. If you would still like to donate funds you can learn more HERE. You can also click HERE to read what Amber wrote on her FaceBook page the night before our FPC Brunch.
- The brunch on Sunday, July 23rd was hosted by FPC's Youth and Young Adults that headed to the Chicago Mission Trip on July 30th.
- Thanks Christian education team for the delicious biscuits and sausage gravy on our August 13th brunch! Also thanks to Libby, Brie, Gabby and Nick for sharing some personal highlights from the Chicago trip. Nearly $300 was donated to help scholarship youth for Wednesday Night Live.
- Our final summer brunch on August 27th netted $300 to assist with Christian education activities. The monkey bread and fruit smoothies were a bit hit!!! Thank you to all who supported the summer brunches for a cause.